Tuesday, January 19, 2010

He can hear clearly now, the fluid's gone...

August got his tubes put in this morning and he has already shown a noticeable difference.  I cannot imagine what it must have been like for him - probably like when someone is talking to you and you're underwater in a pool.  He is smiling more and laughing....it has been a fantastic day.  And what a easy procedure!  We got to the hospital at 5:45 am and we were home by 9 am and most of that was just sitting around before the doctors got in.  I am so glad that we had it done - the doctor said there was a lot of very thick fluid on his right ear and less fluid on his left, but still enough to affect his hearing.  One more hurdle jumped!

On to the next hurdle, bottles.  August is exclusively breastfed right now and when I say exclusively, I mean exclusively...he has not taken to a bottle yet.  I have tried five kinds of bottles and nothing really suits him.  I am thinking that I probably have to just let him get hungry enough and he'll take it, but I'd rather not do that and what if it doesn't work?  I would love to know if there is anyone out there who breastfed their baby with DS and had success with a particular bottle.  I am pretty sure that it's going to come down to trying many more and he'll probably pick the last one, but I thought I'd throw it out there.....

Off to have a chat with August....

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones